The SUBMIT BUTTON is at the bottom of the page after the guidelines.
Poetry Prize May 1-October 18, 2020
Red Mountain Prize for Poetry awards $1000 and publication of a full-length book of poetry. The most important criterion is that the work manifests significant themes in beautiful, strong, and evocative language.
All entries may be considered for future publication.
- The author must hold all rights to the work. The manuscript may include previously published poems but may not have been published as a whole. Proper attribution must accompany previously published work.
- The author must be over 21 years of age.
- Submit a manuscript of 48-72 pages in a single document.
- Each poem must begin on a new page with the title of the poem at the top.
- Title page should include ONLY the title. Use Times New Roman, Palatino, or similar 12 pt font, paginated, with a Table of Contents. Your name or identifying data must not appear on the manuscript. The submission manager links your data to your submission. You may enter a cover letter, which is not visible to the judges.
- The text must be written in English and must be solely one author's work. Very short poems, such as haiku, may be grouped together on a single page if they would appear together in the final book.
- With your address or in your cover letter include your website if you have one and let us know where yu heard about Red Mountain Press.
Simultaneous submissions are accepted but you MUST notify Red Mountain immediately and withdraw your work at once if the work is accepted elsewhere.
The judge will do a blind reading of each entry and nominate the finalists. The publisher with the judge will choose the winning entry from among the finalists. If a judge recognizes work during the blind reading, that judge will recuse him/herself from consideration of that entry. People related to the publisher are not eligible. The final decision is at the sole discretion of the publisher.
The deadline is October 18. The non-refundable online application fee is $35.
No information will be available in response to telephone inquires. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and write prize query in the subject line.
Please check the website, www.redmountainpress.us, for updates and further information. The winner and finalists will be announced on this page.